Only one-third of small employers (under 50 employees) offer some type of healthcare for their employees. As the size of the company decreases, that number increases. Small employers continue to struggle to compete for talent in a competitive job market, made all the more difficult when they can’t offer competitive benefits to enrich their job offers.
GO-HR is not a benefits broker and we work with partners who can help you find group health plans for your business. However, if you aren’t in the position to offer a group health plan quite yet, talk to us about non-traditional benefits options for your employees.
Your Employee Value Proposition (EVP) is your total compensation and benefits offering. Think of your EVP as your sales letter to prospective and current employees.
In 2016, as part of the 21st Century Cures Act, qualified small employers (those with under 50 full-time employees) could begin offering a reimbursement to employees and receive associated and applicable tax benefits.
A QSEHRA is not a group health plan, but employees who have an individual plan can receive reimbursements (up to the annual allowable amount) that are funded by the employer to help relieve some of their costs. If an employee is on someone else’s healthcare plan, the QSEHRA still covers a lengthy list of reimbursable medical-related expenses that adds to your Employee Value Proposition. Click here for more information on how we can help you set up a QSEHRA.
Health savings accounts (HSAs) may also be available in certain instances.
GO-HR is proud to be affiliated with Aflac, one of the most recognized names in the industry when it comes to supplemental insurances. In January 2018, Aflac was named by Fortune magazine as a “World’s Most Admired Company,” ranking third in the L&H Insurance category.
We have licensed consultants available to work with you and your team to select from a variety of voluntary insurances, including:
- Accident insurance
- Cancer insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurances (STD and LTD)
- Dental and vision options
- Supplemental hospital coverage
Individual and group options (for employers with at least three employees) are available. Plans can be payroll deductible and may be pre- or post-tax.
If you don’t see what you need on this list, call us at 614-473-0122 to speak to an agent.
Decrease absenteeism. Reduce accidents and worker’s comp claims. Improve employee retention and engagement. Reduce labor disputes. Reduce lost time.*
Traditionally, an Employee Assistance Program has only been available to employers that offer a group healthcare plan. Through a special arrangement, GO-HR has negotiated with one of the largest EAP providers to make this benefit available to small employers at an incredibly attractive prices point without leaving out any of the benefits available through EAP plans at much larger companies.
This affordable benefit that includes:
- An online library stocked with more than 5,000 on-demand resources to help your employees navigate a variety of issues, including work-life balance, elder and child care, mental and physical health, workplace diversity, and SO MUCH MORE.
- Monthly webinars on relevant topics.
- Up to 8 face-to-face or telephonic counseling sessions with licensed counselors for enrolled employees and their dependents.
- One 30-minute consultation with an attorney on any legal topic, and then a discounted hourly rate thereafter, as applicable, to discuss issues such as wills and estate planning, major life issues, real estate, etc.
- Certificate-generating training that help employers meet critical training needs, such as harassment avoidance, drug-free workplace, and more.
- Mandated referral and crisis support to help employees cope with major incidents and remain actively employed and engaged.
- Savings of up to 25% at retailers such as Macy’s, J. Crew, Neiman Marcus, Calvin Klein and many others.
(*From the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Policy)
Not sure what is right for you, or what you can afford? We can help you define options and explore opportunities. Whether you work with us, or just want us to work with your benefits partners, our focus is to help you understand and secure the service and benefits best for your employees and your budget.
We can also conduct salary research to help you define competitive compensation and incentive packages for your team.